A good quality camping table and chairs set makes for a luxurious camping experience. Often your campsite might include a picnic table, but if you want to camp off the beaten path, or not be left without a cooking surface, bringing your own camp table is recommended. Though camping tables and chairs are most often sold separately, some brands will offer a folding camping table and chairs set.
However, for this article, we will only be focusing on the best camp tables money can buy. We will address camp chairs in another article. So, let us determine what factors need to be considered before purchasing your new camp table and take a look at our top picks.
In This Post:
- Camping Table Type
- What to Consider When Deciding What Type of Camp Table is Right for You
- Additional Features
- Best Camping Table Reviews
- Folding Camping Tables
- Best Ultralight Camping Tables
- Best Camp Kitchen Tables
- Camping Tables FAQ
Camping Table Type
The first thing you need to determine is what type of camping table do you need. Do you have a large group? Are you trekking a lot and need something small and ultralight? Are you a master chef and would prefer a camp kitchen table with all the bells and whistles for cooking a gourmet meal? Here is a breakdown of the different camping table types.
Folding tables are the most common type of camping table. They are extremely easy to set up and most often require no additional tools or parts to assemble. Folding tables come in all sizes and materials. Folding tables also come in three different categories, utility tables, dining tables, and cooking tables.
- Utility tables are basic and can be used to place things on, to cook on with a camp stove, to clean fish, or to play board games and cards.
- Dining tables are longer and sit higher off the ground for people to be able to place their legs under the table. Dining tables are also the most common to offer to sell the camp table and chairs together.
- Cooking tables are designed to be heat resistant to hold your camp stove and will often contain storage to keep cooking utensils, cookware, and dry goods.
Ultralight Camping Tables
Ultralight tables can also be folding tables but may also be roll-up tables. These tables are usually smaller and are specially designed with backpackers in mind. Perfect for campsites where you need to leave your vehicle and hike in, or for multi-day treks, these ultralight tables often weigh less than 1 kg and can fit inside a backpack.
Kitchen Camp Tables
Kitchen tables are the same as cooking tables. Again, these tables are often larger, have several surfaces for food preparation, and contain storage space for dry food items, cooking utensils, and cookware. Not ideal for backpackers, but perfect for larger group camping trips, backyard BBQs, and family picnics.
What to Consider When Deciding What Type of Camp Table is Right for You
Before you purchase your new camp table, and after you have decided which type you would like, you need to consider space, capacity, durability, and weight/portability.
How much space do you need? Will you have your entire family dining at this table or simply be using it as a table for food preparation? Or will you use it to set out snacks for people to munch on throughout the day?
Capacity is important to determine how much weight your table can handle before it becomes an issue. Too much weight on a table can bend the frame or cause the entire table to collapse. Again, determine how your table will be used and how much capacity you will need then to support that weight.
Durability is one of the most important factors to consider. Will you be using your table indoors or mostly outdoors? If mostly outdoors, look for camp tables with durable aluminium alloy that is both waterproof and heat resistant.
Portability and Weight
Portability and weight are important depending on if you will be able to drive into your campsite or if you will be backpacking. Remember kitchen camp tables are always heavy and bulky and should only be used if you have a vehicle, where folding tables can come small enough to slip into your backpack.
- Storage: A camping table with storage can be useful to keep everything from cups, plates, and silverware, to decks of cards and board games.
- Cup Holders: Will you be sitting around your table at night with your friends playing cards and with your favourite beverage? It is nice to have a cupholder to have a secure place to keep your beverage while you are going all-in during a game of Texas Hold’em.
- Organiser: Some camp kitchen tables come with removable organizers where you can store things like fruits and veggies or grilling utensils. The organisers are often colour-coordinated so you can keep track of what is in each one.
Best Camping Table Reviews
We have combed through hundreds of reviews to identify our favourite camp tables and the best camping tables in Australia. We have, for your convenience, split our top picks into three categories. We have folding camping tables, lightweight camping tables and/or ultralight tables, and camping kitchen tables. So, sit back and read up on what our experts recommend.
Folding Camping Tables
Coleman 4 Foot Fold in Half Table Review
This Coleman folding table is four feet long and can hold up to 200 Kg. This steel-framed sturdy Coleman camp table folds in half for easy transportation and storage. This foldable camping table is height adjustable and possesses pinch-free safety locks to hold the table at your desired height. Also, feel free to use this camp table in both indoor and outdoor settings and rest assured your plastic surface will not fade from sun exposure due to being UV protected.
- RRP: $79.99
- Capacity: 200 Kg
- External Dimensions: 122L x 62W x 71H cm
- Packed Dimensions: 61L x 61W x 7H cm
- Material: Vacuum moulded polyethylene with steel frame
- Weight: 6.7 Kg
Pros: UV protected vacuum moulded. Adjustable height. Pinch-free safety locks. Convenient handle for easy carry. Can be used indoors and outdoors.1-Year Warranty.
Cons: Takes up a lot of space, even when folded.
Oztent Bi-Fold Steel Table Review
This outdoor folding table is a high-quality aluminium camping table perfect for sitting around with friends and family for eating, socialising, cooking, and/or playing cards or board games beside the fire. With built-in carry handles, this fold up camping table is easy to transport, pack up into its protective carry bag, and store away in your car, caravan, or at your home until you are ready for your next camping trip.
- RRP: $149.95
- Capacity: 50 Kg
- External Dimensions: 120.5L x 60W x 68H cm
- Packed Dimensions: 62.5L x 11W x 45H cm
- Material: Plastic laminate with aluminium finish and a powder-coated steel frame.
- Weight: 8.8 Kg
Pros: Aluminium veneer top. Foldable and compact. Heavy-duty powder-coated steel frame. Comes with a carry bag. 5-Year Warranty.
Cons: Low capacity weight.
OZtrail Folding Table Double Bi-Fold Review
This OZtrail folding camping table is an easy to transport, easy to clean, aluminium framed and laminate topped folding camp table ideal for your next outdoor camping trip. Easily store this table away in your car or caravan, and bring it out for all your cooking, eating, and social needs. With foldable support legs, this table folds up to a nice compact size for easy storage.
- RRP: $104.99
- Capacity: Not listed
- External Dimensions: 120L x 60W x 69H cm
- Packed Dimensions: 67L x 62W x 4H cm
- Material: 22/25mm Aluminium frame | Laminated MDF top.
- Weight: 4.8 Kg
Pros: Lightweight and strong aluminium frame. Easy to carry and setup. Easy to clean. Under the table storage net. 1-Year Warranty.
Cons: Aluminium frame instead of steel.
REDCAMP Folding Camping Table Review
This REDCAMP small foldable table comes in three different sizes (60.96 cm, 91.44 cm, 121.92 cm). Each size can hold up to 31.75 Kg and has adjustable height. This small fold up table is lightweight, easy to carry, easy to store, and it can hold its own, even at the smallest size. Also, the 91.44cm size gives you the option to purchase it as a folding camping table and chairs set for an additional cost.
- RRP: (60.96 cm) – $55.99, (91.44 cm) – $62.69, (121.92 cm) – $71.99
- Capacity: (60.96 cm) – 31.75 Kg, (91.44 cm) – 31.75 Kg, (121.92 cm) – 31.75 Kg
- External Dimensions: (60.96 cm) – 60.96W x 60.96L x 25.4-68.58H cm, (91.44 cm) – 91.44L x 60.96W x 38.1-71.12H cm, (121.92 cm) – 121.92L x 60.96W x 55.88-68.58H cm
- Packed Dimensions: (60.96 cm) – 60.96L x 30.48W x 7.62H cm, (91.44 cm) – 60.96L x 45.72W x 7.62H cm, (121.92 cm) – 60.96L x60.96W x 7.62H cm
- Material: Aluminium top. Metal frame.
- Weight: (60.96 cm) – 2.72 Kg, (91.44 cm) – 4.08 Kg, (121.92 cm) – 7.71 Kg
Pros: Easy setup and quick fold with a convenient carry handle. Adjustable height. Designed for both indoor and outdoor use.
Cons: Integrity becomes compromised when exposed to extreme heat. Keep away from campfires.
G4Free Ultralight Portable Folding Camping Table Review
The G4Free Ultralight Portable Folding Camping Table is a small folding table and a roll-up camping table in one. Roll up this portable camping table to an extremely small compact size and place it in its carry bag. You will be able to fit this small camping table into any vehicle, and easily store it in your home or garage without taking up a lot of room. Built with tear-resistant 600D oxford cloth, this table can be used outdoors without any worry if it gets wet. The cloth is quick drying.
- RRP: Medium:$30.99. Large: $42.99
- Capacity: Medium: 15 Kg. Large: 18 Kg.
- External Dimensions: Medium: 56.5L x 42W x 39H cm. Large: 74.5L x 54.5W x 51.5H cm.
- Packed Dimensions: Medium:55.88L x 5.58W cm. Large: 76.2L x 7.11W cm.
- Material: The top is made of tear-resistant 600D oxford cloth. The frame is made of high strength aluminium alloy.
- Weight: Medium: 0.72 Kg. Large: 0.99 Kg.
Pros: Super compact to be stored anywhere without taking up a lot of room. Lightweight, easy to carry.Easy setup and assembly. Engineered to ensure flatness. Perfect for indoor or outdoor use. Weather-proof.
Cons: Low capacity limit. Not designed to hold a lot of weight.
GSI Outdoors Multipurpose and Collapsible Micro Table Review
Intro: This table is the ultimate small portable table that can fold up small enough to be stored in your backpack.The GSI small folding camping table has an adjustable height, is weather and flameproof, and comes with a lifetime manufacturer’s warranty.
- RRP: $39.95
- Capacity: 9.07 Kg.
- External Dimensions: 39.37L x 28.70W x 10.41 – 15.49H cm. Adjustable height.
- Packed Dimensions: 39.37L x 28.70W x 3H cm.
- Material: Anodized aluminium.
- Weight: 0.76 Kg.
Pros: Collapsible to a size compact enough to fit into a hiking backpack. This micro table is ideal to act as a counter for your cooking stove. Anodized aluminium makes this aluminium folding table flame, heat, and water-resistant. Lifetime manufacturing warranty.
Cons: Too small for group camping or family camping. Low capacity.
Best Ultralight Camping Tables
ALPS Mountaineering Camp Table Review
The ALPS Mountaineering Camp Tableis the ideal camping table for tailgating, backyard BBQs, or for placing out food to be grazed on all day at the campsite.Ultra-lightweight and manufactured withanodized aluminium, you get quite a bit of capacity for its small size, making this table super sturdy.
- RRP: $49.02
- Capacity: 18.14 Kg.
- External Dimensions: 71.12L x 71.12L x 68.58H cm.
- Packed Dimensions: 91.44L x 15.24W x 15.24H cm.
- Material: Anodized aluminium.
- Weight: 2.72 Kg.
Pros: Ultra-lightweight. Sturdy. Long-lasting. Comes with a carry bag. Good to cook on, or to place food buffet style.
Cons: Not well designed to sit at because you are unable to put your legs under the table due to support bars.
ALPS Mountaineering Eclipse Table Review
The ALPS Mountaineering Eclipse Table is the best camping table for people who enjoy playing games around the campfire at night. Play checks on the keyboard printed tabletop or bring along a chess set if you prefer. Beneath the table is a storage net with four cup holder where you can hold your favourite beverage while playing your buddies in a game of poker.
- RRP: $54.95
- Capacity: 9.07 Kg.
- External Dimensions: 68.58L x 68.58W x 66.04H cm.
- Packed Dimensions: 60.04W x 12.7W x 12.7H cm.
- Material: Khaki 600D polyester fabric. Metal frame and legs.
- Weight: 2.72 Kg.
Pros: Comes with a checkerboard printed polyester tabletop and a set of checkers for play. Ideal for playing cards. Easy to transport, folds up and goes into a carry bag just like a camp chair. Comes with a storage net underneath with four cup holders.
Cons: Low capacity. No leg room underneath.
Outry Lightweight Folding Table Review
The Outry Lightweight Folding Table comes in either a medium or large size. This small foldable table is ideal for a family picnic, a day at the beach, to hold your equipment and drinks while shore-fishing, or for a card table at the campsite. This camping folding table is ultralight, easy to setup and collapse, stores in a convenient carry bag, and can be carried with you anywhere.
- RRP: Medium: $32.99 Large:$42.99
- Capacity: 15.87 Kg.
- External Dimensions: Medium: 56L x 43W x 39H cm. Large: 75L x 56W x 53H cm.
- Packed Dimensions: Medium: 60L x 8W cm. Large: 76L x 8W cm.
- Material: Ripstop 600D nylon fabric tabletop. Aluminium alloy frame.
- Weight: Medium: 0.77 Kg. Large: 1.2 Kg.
Pros: Anti-slip rubber feet. Four cup holders for the large-sized, and two cup holders for the medium. Comes with a carry case. Completely collapsible. Ultra-light. Inexpensive.
Cons: Small to seat four people. Might fall over in strong winds and need to be weighed down.
Rock Cloud Portable Camping Table Ultralight Aluminium Camp Table Review
The Rock Cloud Portable Camping Table is an aluminium roll up camp table perfect for your next hiking, camping, or backpacking trip. Its ultra-lightweight design makes it ideal if you need to hike into your campsite. This camp table is sturdy, exceptionally durable, and perfect for outdoor use because of it being entirely waterproof. This portable table can take a beating and keep on ticking.
- RRP: $37.99
- Capacity: 27.21 Kg.
- External Dimensions: Medium:40.64L x 35.56W x 29.21H cm. Large: 50.8L x 40.64W x 40.64H cm.
- Packed Dimensions: Medium: 43.94L x 15.24L x 7.62H cm. Large: 60.96L x 16.51W x 7.62H cm.
- Material: Aluminium tabletop. Aluminium alloy frame.
- Weight: Medium: 0.99 Kg. Large: 1.4 Kg.
Pros: Ultralight and portable. Easy to clean and easy to setup. Sturdy and durable. Waterproof. Unique hinge design and anti-slip leg caps.
Cons: No legroom to sit under the table. Must sit around the table.
Rock Cloud Folding Beach Table Review
The Rock Cloud Folding Beach Table is an ultralight, easy to set up, and easy to carry table ideal for a day at the beach. Setup a small picnic with fresh fruit, veggies, and an arrangement of crackers for snacking all day. This table is easy to clean and is completely waterproof.
- RRP: $25.99
- Capacity: 27.21 Kg.
- External Dimensions: 40.64L x 28.45W x 12.7H cm.
- Packed Dimensions: 43.94L x 7.62W x 7.62H cm.
- Material: Entirely aluminium alloy.
- Weight: 0.68 Kg.
Pros: Ultralight and portable. Comes with a carry bag. Completely waterproof. No tools needed to assemble. Easy to set up, easy to clean. Perfect for a day at the beach, or as a tabletop to clean your fish for the catch of the day.
Cons: Incredibly low to the ground, not ideal to sit under with a chair.
Best Camp Kitchen Tables
Happybuy Portable Camping Kitchen Table Review
The Happybuy Portable Camping Kitchen Table is an all in one kitchen setup for your next camping trip. Includes a workstation for chopping veggies and other meal preparation. Also comes with a space for your camp stove which has windscreens to protect the stove from the weather. Three cupboards to store dry food items. Ideal for camping, picnics, BBQs, and backyard parties.
- RRP: $145.99
- Capacity: 6.8 Kg.
- External Dimensions: 175.26L x 49.53W x 110.49H cm.
- Packed Dimensions: 88.9L x 15.24W x 50.8H cm.
- Material: Steel frame. Poly 600D with PVC coated fabric. Four separate aluminium tops.
- Weight: 11.79 Kg.
Pros: Spacious design for food preparation and food storage. Sturdy tabletop area for camp stove placement. Storage space for utensils and dry food items.
Cons: Susceptible to heavy rain and long periods of sun exposure.Metal parts will rust.
GCI Outdoor Master Cook Portable Folding Camp Kitchen Review
The GCI Outdoor Master Cook Portable Folding Camp Kitchen is great for large group camping, or backyard family BBQs. Plenty of space with this camp kitchen table for food prep, storage of dry goods, utensils, cookware, and plates. Heat-resistant countertops allow for a camp stove or camp grill use.
- RRP: $120.00
- Capacity: 21.77 Kg.
- External Dimensions: 178.05L x 56.38W x 173.48H cm.
- Packed Dimensions: 88.39L x 55.11W x 14.98H cm.
- Material: Heat-resistant aluminium countertops. Powder-coated steel frame.
- Weight: 10.16 Kg.
Pros: Heavy-duty powder-coated steel frame and heat-resistant aluminium countertops. Storage space for a camp stove, utensils, and cookware. Three-fold-out side tables. Hooks for hanging grilling utensils and garbage bags.
Cons: Large and bulky. Not for backpackers.
Laralinc Camp Kitchen Table Deluxe Review
The Laralinc Camp Kitchen Table Deluxe is a multi-functional camp kitchen table that is ideal for BBQs, picnics, and tailgating at your favourite sporting events. This camp kitchen table sets up in minutes and is compact and portable. Easy to care for and easy to clean, this camp kitchen table is also water and rain resistant.
- RRP: $174.50
- Capacity: 11.33 Kg.
- External Dimensions: 81.91L x 42.54W x 143.51H cm.
- Packed Dimensions: 82.04L x 55.62W x 21.08H cm.
- Material: Aluminium, Steel, Fabric
- Weight: 7.52 Kg.
Pros: Long-lasting quality and versatility. Portable, lightweight, and durable. Comes with a carry bag. Easy setup and easy to clean.
Cons: Too large and bulky for backpackers or small vehicles.
Faulkner 49583 Camp Cuisine Portable Kitchen Review
The Faulkner 49583 Camp Cuisine Portable Kitchen is an all-in-one back yard kitchen set up for your next BBQ, family picnic, or group camping trip. This portable kitchen is ultra-durable and a bit less expensive than other brands. Easy to set up, and collapsible to fit into an included carry bag.
- RRP: $142.95
- Capacity: Each shelf can hold up to 9.07 Kg.
- External Dimensions: 88.9L x 55.88W x 81.7H cm.
- Packed Dimensions: Not listed.
- Material: Steel tubing construction with 600D polyester fabric.
- Weight: 10.43 Kg.
- Pros: Aluminium top shelf with wind protection ideal for your camp stove.Each shelf is sturdy and can hold up to 9.07 Kg.No assembly required. 1-Year Warranty.
Cons: Not designed for long treks or backpackers.
Camp Chef Sherpa Camp Table & Organiser Review
The Camp Chef Sherpa Camp Table & Organizer is one of the most unique camp tables on the market. With four removable and zippable storage compartments, you easily have enough room for all your dry goods, cooking utensils, and cookware. Heat resistant aluminium top is perfect for your camp stove.
- RRP: $145.99
- Capacity: 22.67 Kg.
- External Dimensions: 68.58L x 39.92W x 71.12H cm.
- Packed Dimensions: 68.58L x 39.92W x 46.35H cm.
- Material: Aluminium tabletop. Metal frame. Fabric storage compartments.
- Weight: 6.1 Kg.
Pros: Padded carry handles for easy carrying. Four removable zipper compartments for storage. Adjustable height. Durable material. Versatile and heat-resistant aluminium roll-top table.
Cons: Heavy once zipper compartments are full. Not easy to move around a campsite or to a new location.
Camping Tables FAQ
Is a camping table necessary?
Though a camping table is not completely necessary, they are mighty useful. Sometimes you will not have a picnic table provided in your campsite or maybe you can not find a good flat surface off the ground for your camp stove. Avoid those inconveniences by bringing your camp table, no matter the size.
How do I set up a camping table?
Most camp tables do not require tools or additional parts for assembly. Just pull your table out of its carry bag, unfold, maybe snap together a few hinges, and boom, your table is ready in minutes.
Ready to Purchase Your New Camping Table?
Now that you have considered everything there is to consider for your new camp table, go ahead and make your purchase today. Happy shopping!